If you believe that what I have written below is true and the evidence that I have provided is accurate then you will be able to come to your own conclusions and hopefully conclude as I have that the lawless racist province of Quebec can never be allowed to become a country, because it would become a lawless, racist state; a country with the ideals, morals and values that are no better than those of ISIS, or Israel and the other like-minded regimes whose very existence threatens to tear the world apart; a country driven by an ideology of fear and hatred, a deep-rooted belief that reverse discrimination and that literally adhering to the practice of an eye for and eye and a life for a life are acceptable cornerstones and the solid building blocks needed in the building of a strong, inclusive society and an economically vibrant country.
If allowed to become a country Quebec would see no reason to change and begin to comply with either its own laws, or the international laws it chooses to ignore right now. Quebec would go right on discriminating against the minorities living within its borders where language, religion, education and culture are concerned. Quebec would continue to claim its right to defend its language, religion, culture and heritage, in much the same way ISIS and Israel and other like-minded regimes, are doing right now. One only has to look at what is going on in Quebec at this very moment to see that Quebec the province would become a rogue nation if given the opportunity to become a sovereign nation. Quebec has proven time and again through its actions that like ISIS, Israel and other like-minded states that it is incapable of following the very laws it has created to govern itself, let alone comply with the laws of the country it is a part of right now, or the laws of the international community it wishes to be recognised as a part of once and if it gains its sovereignty as a nation. Here a just a few examples of what I mean:
- Quebec is not even able to acknowledge that it lost its own referendum on independence through a question it worded by itself twice; once in the 1980 plebiscite to grant the Government of Quebec a mandate to negotiate sovereignty association and again in 1995 to allow the Government of Quebec, after offering a partnership to Canada, to declare independence. In both cases the majority of Quebecers voted no to the idea of an independent Quebec and still the governments of Quebec refuse to listen the expressed democratically voiced will of the majority of its so-called citizens. Why would anyone think that given the new powers that it seeks that it would not further ignore and totally disregard the rights of its people?
- Quebec maintains that it is a distinct society within Canada insisting on equality in terms of language, education, religion and culture for Francophone Canadians living outside of Quebec within the borders of Canada, while denying those very same rights to the non Francophone Canadians living in Quebec going as far as to set up its own Quebec language charter where most of the discrimination is backed up in written laws, trying every way possible to pass a Charter of Quebec Values which has been proved to be racist in more ways that one and in violation of a most of international laws regarding the equality of rights for minorities and even going as far as to have a language police and a part of the government devoted to making sure that French remains not only the dominant language use by the people of Quebec, but becomes the only language used by everyone in Quebec.
- In the borough of Verdun, on the Island of Montreal, in the province of Quebec, in the country of Canada, in 2015 a Canadian citizen residing in Quebec can be refused medical services in Quebec hospitals even though this violates the laws of both Quebec and Canada, as when Praveen Albuquerque a bilingual Canadian residing in Quebec went to the Verdun Hospital to get a hospital card found out. The hospital clerk refused to take his request in English telling him he was in Quebec and insisted he make his request in French, or not be served. Now the law states clearly that: “Each agency, in collaboration with institutions, must develop a program of access to health services and social services in the English language for the English-speaking population of its area” – Act Respecting Health Service And Social Services Section 348 . The fact that this very basic right that is guaranteed in both Canadian law and Quebec law is being ignored without consequences tells me Quebec is willing to put the lives of non Francophone Canadian citizens at risk to achieve a political end; not that much of a difference between them and the fanatical end of both ISIS and Israel and all the other nations that think along the same lines as them.
- In the province of Quebec, in the country of Canada the safety of a non Francophone Canadian residing in Quebec is valued at less than that of a Francophone Canadian citizen residing in Quebec. One only has to look at how the Quebec government is choosing for the 4th time in a row to air television ads showing the dangers of texting while driving on French television only while running radio ads for both French and English residents of Quebec. It is as if they do not care if some non Francophone citizens do not listen to the radio and therefore might not get the message. As reported in the news, (a)”The two 30-second French TV commercials are geared toward all drivers. The scenes are set in a cemetery and a funeral home and feature a male and a female driver and their respective families. The commercials illustrate the dramatic consequences of using ineffective strategies—drinking coffee and listening to loud music—to counter driver fatigue.” (b)“The two 30-second French TV commercials are geared toward all drivers. The scenes are set in a cemetery and a funeral home and feature a male and a female driver and their respective families. The commercials illustrate the dramatic consequences of using ineffective strategies—drinking coffee and listening to loud music—to counter driver fatigue. ”
- Despite there being no law against it in either Canada, or Quebec, Longueil Mayor Caroline St-Hilaire has said Greenfield Park’s city councillor Robert Miles insistence on speaking in the both official languages of Canada at city council meetings, “irritates” her. Her annoyance stems from what she called Myles’ attempts to introduce a bilingual characteristic to Longueil’s city council. Canada is officially a bilingual country and seeing that there is no violation of Bill 101/ the Quebec Language Charter, I find it impossible to understand what Caroline St-Hillarie’s, or fellow councillor Sylvie Parent’s objections are based on any legal standpoint either under Quebec or Canadian law.
My point is simply that Quebec is a province that is being torn apart by the fanatical aspirations of a few to make Quebec totally independent from the rest of Canada, coupled by a majority of French-speaking people who do not want separation from Canada, because they are afraid of what that separation would mean to their personally well-being and their future. These Francophone citizens of Quebec are content to show their solidarity for the fanatical few by supporting the forced assimilation of the minority English and non Francophone population of Quebec into the Francophone language, culture and religion through the ignoring of Canada’s laws, international laws and Quebec’s very own laws. They are the:
- Francophone Members of the service industry who answer your English in French, content to ignore the fact that you do not understand what they are saying, but at the end of it all get upset when you refuse to buy their goods, or give them a tip.
- Francophone 911 emergency operator who are knowingly putting the person in need of help in mortal danger, because the law in Quebec says that it is his/her right not to speak English even though they can.
- Francophone employees working in hospitals that show zero empathy, or sympathy for the plight of their non Francophone patients looking for help in their institutions, like nurses, doctors, technicians, aides, floor co-ordinators, department heads and the administration, who are often spearheading the refusal to speak English based on a personal preference that is not backed in any law found anywhere in Canada or Quebec.
- Francophone government employee who despite what the law says refuses to talk English and declares instead that you are living in Quebec and should speak English and when you protest calls the police, who are Francophone as well and are more than willing to remove you from a bus, or an office, or arrest you should you refuse for disturbing the peace.
- Francophone neighbor who always answers your good morning with bonjour, refusing to speak English even when they can.
These are but a few examples of why I believe that the lawless racist province of Quebec can never be allowed to become a country, because it would become just another lawless, racist state; a country with the ideals, morals and values that are no better than those of ISIS, or Israel and the other like-minded regimes, whose very existence threaten to tear the world apart as I type.