When I think about things on the forest floor it is with a degree of sadness. Except for those who study these things the average person pays little attention to the plants, insects that live on or just below the forest floor. The moss the lichens the worms the slugs the snails, the rotting logs, fallen branches and how all of these figure in the scheme of life providing food, shelter and irrigation and keeping the forest clean. Well for a long time I have been snapping shots with my camera and taking pictures of what most people do not, as way to express how I feel about everything in life having a purpose, none more important than the other whether they be big or small and will share them with you. Nature is like a puzzle lose even the smallest of pieces and the puzzle can not be completed. In a puzzle we see what is missing and maybe able to replace the piece; in nature however once a piece is lost it is lost forever and we have lost too many pieces already. The next time you are walking in the forest look down and see what you are missing, or stepping on without care.
I try to say what is on my mind and not hurt others, but some things need to be said whether they hurt or not and I do just that. I try to listen as well as talk, but my opinion is just that mine. You need not take it as your own, just respect the fact that I am entitled to it, as you are yours.
- 6,322,823 hits
- Children Fall Through the Cracks Because Those Responsible for Their Safety and Care Fail Them
- My Fight To Remain Self-Reliant / My Ongoing Battle With Cervical Stenosis With Myelopathy
- The Truth In Truth And Reconciliation Is A Hard Pill To Swallow For Everyone
- What Exactly Were Canadians Celebrating And Was It Worth The Cost?
- Children Fall Through the Cracks Because Those Responsible for Their Safety and Care Fail Them September 14, 2017There has been a lot of talk about the need for change in the way the system deals with all aspects of child abuse, but for the most nothing gets changed, because most adults believe that children are their property, to do with as they please. Continue reading →archemdis
- My Fight To Remain Self-Reliant / My Ongoing Battle With Cervical Stenosis With Myelopathy August 17, 2017If anyone would told me that I would not be able to walk properly, or carry a ten pound bag of potatoes, I would have called them a liar. Well they would have been right, because this is where I find myself these days and this is my journey, thus far. Continue reading →archemdis
- The Truth In Truth And Reconciliation Is A Hard Pill To Swallow For Everyone August 8, 2017Putting truth and reconciliation together to form the title of a process that was tasked with creating a better relationship between the federal government and the indigenous people of Canada, one could mistakenly assume that both the Federal government and indigenous leaders were trying to bring out into the light the hidden history of European contact with […]archemdis
- What Exactly Were Canadians Celebrating And Was It Worth The Cost? July 7, 2017While the government claims that Canada's indigenous peoples must wait patiently for fresh drinking water, the healthcare program is unsustainable and Canadians must work longer before they retire, the government spent a half a billion tax payer dollars on a nation wide party. Continue reading →archemdis
- Children Fall Through the Cracks Because Those Responsible for Their Safety and Care Fail Them September 14, 2017